My PhD research was in theory of computation, specifically the implications of quantum computing to Theoretical CS. In my thesis, I presented my work on the PCP theorem and the Unique Games Conjecture in the quantum setting. My PhD advisor was Prof. Madhu Sudan.
Here is a selected set of publications.
- Mohammad Bavarian, Thomas Vidick, and Henry Yuen. Anchoring games for Parallel Repetition. Quantum Information Processing (QIP), 2016 (Plenary Talk), Symposium on the Theory of Computing (STOC), 2017.
- Mohammad Bavarian and Peter W. Shor. Information Causality, Szemeredi-Trotter and Algebraic Variants of CHSH. Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science (ITCS), 2015.
- Scott Aaronson, Andris Ambainis, Kaspars Balodis, and Mohammad Bavarian. Weak Parity. International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP), 2014.
- Arturs Backurs and Mohammad Bavarian. On the Sum of L1 Influences. IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity (CCC), 2014.
- Undergraduate Thesis: New Metrics and Cutoff Phenomena in Theory of Optimal Transportation.